The science behind Chiropractic care is simple; the bones in the body have a natural alignment, seated in the joints and held in place by the muscles. When we experience a traumatic event such as a car accident or work-related injury, our bone structure can be pushed out of alignment and our muscles may not be able to fix it. At that point, the bones need to be manually realigned by a trained Chiropractor.
Spine Health – A Key Element Of Longevity And Movement
Of all of the bones in our body, the 33 bones forming our spine are arguably some of the most important. Your spine connects your skull to your pelvis and is designed to protect your spinal cord. Your spinal cord is responsible for moving information from your brain to the rest of your body.
When your spine is out of alignment, it disrupts the muscles, joints and tendons connected to them and can produce a cascading effect of misalignment and pain across the whole body. Keeping your spine and other bones in proper alignment is the core tenant of Chiropractic care.
Even those who haven’t been involved in a serious injury can benefit from chiropractic care. As we go about our day to day activities, our bones can make subtle shifts, and over time, become misaligned. Regular Chiropractic adjustments can keep our vital bone structure properly aligned so our bodies can function smoothly and without pain.
Your #1 Choice For Chiropractic Care In Richardson, TX
At Optimum Wellness Solutions, we aim to blend the skills and experience we’ve acquired from both our formal education and years of serving the Richardson, TX community.
Dr. Nannis is a licensed chiropractor certified in dozens of techniques. He has been servingthe Richardson community for over 28 years and have gained extensive experience in treating a wide range of serious injuries. We’ve focused our practice on treating injuries resulting from all manner of personal, automobile or work-related accidents, slips and falls, and other accidental injuries. Our patient support is second to none and the care we provide is safe, effective, and backed by science.
How Often Should I See A Chiropractor?
The answer to this question depends on a variety of factors, including the severity of your condition, the type of chiropractic treatment you are receiving, and your overall health. There are 4 phases of chiropractic care depending on your needs it may vary
- Phase I is Initial Intensive care for people who may be suffering in pain or experiencing a more serious health concern. During this phase you may be seen multiple times per day to 4 times per week
- Phase II is Corrective care. During this phase our goal it to improve the health and function of the nervous system and make functional changes in the spine. This phase of care length of time varies from a few months to a few years depending on your specific needs. During this phase you may be seen 2-3 times per week.
- Phase Ill is Wellness Care during this phase the goal I ongoing correction and improvement. You health is your choice and some people choose to become stronger and healthier as time passes this requires regular nervous system tune ups. During this phase of care you may be checked once a week to once every two weeks.
- Phase IV is Maintenance care the goal is to minimize degeneration and slow the effects of the aging process.
During this phase you may be seen once every three weeks to every three months.
Additionally, Optimum Wellness Solutions offers intensive programs where a person with a specific health goal may be seen intensively over the course of 3-4 days to help jumpstart your journey to wellness.
Chiropractic Techniques We Employ
OPTIMUM WELLNESS SOLUTIONS SPECIFIC (O.W.S.S) O.W.S.S. is the foundation of Optimum Wellness Solutions is blend of traditional chiropractic segmental technique and advanced healing methods. This process is a combination of Diversified, Gonstead, Thompson drops, Leander, Sacral Occipital Technique (SOT), Upper Cervical Specific all applied via a series of specific muscle testing.
QUANTUM NEUROLOGY® Quantum Neurology® is nerve testing and rehabilitation. We use light therapy and nerve specific exercises to stimulate the body’s natural actions and reactions to achieve a desired result.
ADVANCED MUSCLE INTEGRATION TECHNIQUE (A.M.I.T®) Advanced Muscle Integration Technique (A.M.I.T®) is a systematic treatment of common joint and muscle conditions experienced by active people. A.M.I.T® is a revolutionary advancement in sports medicine.
BIO ENERGETIC SYNCHRONIZATION TECHNIQUE (B.E.S.T.) B.E.S.T. is the frontier and cutting edge of energic healing processes. This non-force method of healing bridges the gap between the conscious and subconscious minds, working with electromagnet energy stimulating a normal flow through the body allowing the body to repair and rebuild.
KOREN SPECIFIC TECHNIQUE (K.S.T.) K.S.T. is a healing protocol that is based on a specific analysis used to locate and correct and release areas of blockage, distortion, subluxation, interference , stagnation and other stresses in the body that are often missed by healthcare professionals. KST is applies with gentle instrument adjustment typically in the standing positions especially useful for patients who may not be able to get in a lying down position. KST adjustment are delivered with an arthorstem adjusting instrument (a electic machinal devise) that typically does not require the joint to cavitate (There is no “Popping” sound in the spine.)
TORQUE RELEASE TECHNIQUE (T.R.T.) T.R.T. embraces the Brain Reward Cascade Model of wellness. T.R.T. is a third-generation chiropractic protocol that combines over 8 different types of analysis. T.R.T. adjustment can be delivered with the spine in a perfectly relaxed neutral position with the perfect amount of force with an instrument call an integrator. Traditional adjustment requires the spine to be stretched to a position of tension followed by the manual thrust by hand to sufficiently open the spinal joints to activate a cavitation response. Practice members enjoy the specific adjustment without the force, “cracking, and popping” sound of manual adjustments.
PETTIBON STRUCTURAL CORRECTION TECHNIQUE Pettibon is a physical structural corrections technique that is based on improving global spinal function. This process focuses on the overall mechanics of the spine and posture. We utilize several corrective protocol including the Wobble Chair and head weighting exercise.
CHIROPRACTIC BIOPHYSICS C.B.P. CBP Technique emphasizes optimal posture and spinal alignment as the primary goals of chiropractic care while simultaneously documenting improvements in pain and functional based outcomes
ACTIVATOR METHOD Activator method is a gentle adjusting technique utilizing a handheld instrument allowing the provider to deliver an adjustment that is an alternative to the physical manual adjustment.
NASAL SPECIFIC TECHNIQUE Nasal Specific Technique is a procedure that adjust the bones of the skull. Damage to these bones is caused by injury to the face or concussions. The Sphenoid bone is it keystone to proper skull function and this procedure aligns this most important structure.
Get in touch today! Give us a call at (972) 914-7502 or click the button below to request your next appointment.
What Is Chiropractic Care?
Chiropractic care at Optimum Wellness Solutions is a unique experience in health and wellness. We consider our services complementary to traditional medicine with the expectation that by implementing our services a practice member would be able to limit the need for drugs and surgery. Optimum Wellness Solutions is a brain based, nervous system-based approach to your wellness care.
The Doctor of Chiropractic at Optimum Wellness Solutions employ a variety of techniques to address the optimal function of the body. We provide services that support the physical, chemical, emotional and energetic aspects of the body. We believe that the body is designed to be vital and healthy and if health and vitality are not being expressed by the body there is most likely interference stopping that expression. We provide a variety of services and techniques to help the body restore itself to its maximum expression of wellness.
What Are The Benefits Of Brain-Based Chiropractic Care?
Brain based chiropractic care emphasizes the role of the master system of your body.
Your brain and nervous system are the master system of your body thus run and coordinate every tissue, organ, and system of your body. At Optimum Wellness Solutions we focus on removing interference between you brain and your body. We look for and address the cause of specific problems. It is a holistic approach to health care that emphasizes the importance of the relationship between the body’s structure (primarily the spine) and its function. Chiropractic care is a safe, non-invasive, and drug-free approach to health care that can provide many benefits. When this essential communication system of your body is intact and functioning optimally, you experience life and health to its fullest. Most people notice significant relief of symptoms, increased energy and frequently eliminate specific diagnosis. We address the cause of the problem making disease unnecessary.
Is Chiropractic Care Effective?
Yes Chiropractic care is effective for most people. Optimum Wellness Solutions utilize over 30 different techniques and technologies to address a variety of interferences in the brain to body communication. Our strong belief is the body is designed to be healthy. If it is not, you may experience symptoms of aches and pains, numbness, tingling, spasm, swelling or incoordination’s problems.
Additionally, you nerves control all organ function, you my have difficulty seeing, hearing, tasting, smelling, or feeling. This is your reality experience. Optimum Wellness Solutions has seen exceptional results. Finally, you nervous system controls all organ function so we have seen improvement with breathing, heart digestion, elimination and most other conditions.
How Is A Chiropractic Adjustment Performed?
At Optimum Wellness Solutions we perform over 30 different techniques. Each adjustment is unique and what will be done is different. We begin with a kinesiological approach in which we ask the body what its top priorities are? From there we provide several gentile approaches. This will range from a by hand specific adjustment, to light pressure applied to specific point, we my employ light therapy to elicit specific neurological actions and reactions, or use a specialized instrument to apply force to the body to achieve our goals.
How Can Chiropractic Care Help Me?
- Chiropractic and other services provided by Optimum Wellness Solutions are designed to remove interference from the communication between the brain and the body or the body to the brain. If there is interference in your system there will be less then 100% functionality of your organs or systems. When we restore the communication your body has a higher potential to experience Optimum Health Vitality and Wellness.
Who Can Benefit From Chiropractic Care?
At Optimum Wellness Solutions we have worked with people in all phases of life. We specialize in lifestyle family care. We work with infants minutes old to the graceful elderly well into the centurion years. We help athletes recover from injuries and experience maximum performance by predicting and taking action to avoid injury. We assist people who have experienced injuries from repetitive stress to automobile accidents. Student and worker who require hours of being still at desks and computer to the workforce that perform manual labor.
What Conditions Are Treated By Chiropractic Care?
Chiropractic does not treat specific conditions or diagnosis beyond subluxation (nerve interference) However our goal is to identify the cause of any problem you may be experiencing and help you take action on treating the cause of disease or malfunction. Because of this we have found that people get excellent results with most health conditions including
Pain in the muscles and joints, herniated disc or injured vertebrae, radiating pain in the extremities and other pains and disorders.
Common symptoms that are eliminated by brain-based chiropractic adjustments are: Back Pain, Neck Pain, Scoliosis, Sciatica, Bulging or Herniated Discs, Pain in the Extremities, Numbness or Tingling, Headaches, Digestive problem, Blood pressure and heart problems, Elimination issues, Sexual related problems.
Who Is The Most Experienced Chiropractor In Richardson, TX?
The most experienced chiropractor in Richardson, TX is Dr. Nannis. Dr. Nannis is a board-certified chiropractor who has been practicing for over 25 years. He has a wealth of experience in treating a variety of conditions, from neck and back pain to sports injuries. He is also a certified chiropractic sports physician, which means he is qualified to treat athletes.
What Are The Qualifications Of A Chiropractor?
A chiropractor is a healthcare professional who specializes in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of neuromuscular disorders, with an emphasis on manual adjustment and manipulation of the spine. In order to become a chiropractor, one must complete a rigorous educational program and obtain a license to practice.
The educational requirements for becoming a chiropractor vary by state, but generally include a minimum of a Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) degree from an accredited chiropractic college.
Dr. Nannis graduated with a Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Parker College of Chiropractic (now Parker University)
He also has a Batchelor of Science in Human Anatomy, and is certified in many specific techniques to assist in your healing.
Our Methods & techniques
We utilize a variety of science-backed and proven methods to get your body back to its naturally healthy state. Here are just a few of the methods and techniques we employ.
- OPTIMUM WELLNESS SOLUTIONS SPECIFIC (O.W.S.S)
- BIO ENERGETIC SYNCHRONIZATION TECHNIQUE (B.E.S.T.)
- KOREN SPECIFIC TECHNIQUE (K.S.T.)
- TORQUE RELEASE TECHNIQUE (T.R.T.)
- PETTIBON STRUCTURAL CORRECTION TECHNIQUE
- CHIROPRACTIC BIOPHYSICS C.B.P.
- ACTIVATOR METHOD
- NASAL SPECIFIC TECHNIQUE
- TRUE CELLULAR DETOX (TCD)
- COMPLETE LYMPHATIC ELIMINATION AND RECOVERY SYSTEM (C.L.E.A.R.S.)
- OPTIMUM ENERGETIC SYSTEMS DETOX FOOT BATH
- NEURO EMOTIONAL TECHNIQUE (N.E.T.)
- RESTORE ENERGY LIVE EXCEPTIONALLY ACHIEVE SOURCE ELEVATION (R.E.L.E.A.S.E.)
- BIOVEDA ALLERGY RELIEF SYSTEM
- GUT RECOVERY ESTABLISHMENT AND STRENGTHEN TOOLS (G.R.E.A.T)
- ZYTO BIOSCAN
- Chiropractic care is a form of alternative care that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal disorders.
- Chiropractors use a variety of manual therapies, including spinal manipulation, to treat their patients.
- Chiropractic care is based on the belief that the body has an innate ability to heal itself, and that misalignments of the spine can interfere with this process.
- Chiropractic adjustments are used to restore proper alignment of the spine, reduce pain, and improve overall health.
- Research has shown that chiropractic care can be effective in treating back pain, neck pain, headaches, and other musculoskeletal conditions.
- Chiropractors use a variety of techniques to treat their patients, including spinal manipulation, soft tissue therapy, exercise, and nutritional counseling.
- There are approximately 77,000 chiropractors practicing in the United States (U.S. Department of Labor, 2018).
- Approximately 35 million Americans seek chiropractic care each year (U.S. Department of Labor, 2018).
- The most common reason for seeking chiropractic care is for back pain (American Chiropractic Association, 2018).
- Approximately 60-70% of people with low back pain report improvement after receiving chiropractic care (American Chiropractic Association, 2018).
- Approximately 90% of people with neck pain report improvement after receiving chiropractic care (American Chiropractic Association, 2018).
- Approximately 85% of people with headaches report improvement after receiving chiropractic care (American Chiropractic Association, 2018).